Church of the Resurrection, New York
Casavant built their Opus 665 for the Church (now Basilica) of Saints Peter and Paul in Lewiston, Maine in 1916. It was installed in the "Lower Church," a large secondary worship space with a low ceiling. Casavant's Opus 1588 (1938) is in the rear gallery of the lofty Basilica upstairs.
David Enlow, organist at the Church of the Resurrection, grew up in Toronto playing on a majestic Casavant organ from "the teens," and envisioned the acquisition of such an instrument for his church. David and the rector, Fr. Barry Swain, traveled to Maine to inspect the downstairs organ, and planned its purchase and renovation. David and John Bishop, executive director of the Organ Clearing House, developed a new specification that would use all of Opus 665, several bass ranks that remained in the church from previous organs, and several newly acquired stops.
Click here to visit the organ page of the church's website where you can read further description, and download specifications of the organ.
Music at Church of the Resurrection under Enlow's leadership is unparalleled, with a professional choir presenting mass settings every Sunday, and a distinguished list of recitals including Daniel Roth, Paul Morrison, James Kennerley, Stephen Tharp, and many others.